About The Speaker
Pei Pei Chen, MsC
Machine Learning Engineer Lead, Yokozuna Data
Pei Pei Chen, born in Taipei (Taiwan) in 1992, is Yokozuna Data’s Machine Learning Engineer Lead. She received her BSc and MSc degrees in Computer Science from the National Taiwan University in 2014 and 2016.
Pei Pei is an expert in deep learning techniques and machine learning applied to sequential analysis and has over 5 years of experience in gameand music-related data science research. At Yokozuna Data, she focuses on developing a scalable and operational machine learning system with big data infrastructure to predict the behavior of video game players. Previously, she worked as a researcher at the National Institute of Informatics in Tokyo, one of the most renowned R&D centers in the country, where she developed machine learning algorithms applied to acoustic signal processing.
Pei Pei is one of the greatest scientific talents in Yokozuna Data, and she is the author and coauthor of ten papers published in international peer-reviewed journals, including:
- Customer Lifetime Value in Video Games Using Deep Learning and Parametric Models. IEEE International Conference on Big Data, 2019.
- A Machine-Learning Item Recommendation System for Video Games. IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games (CIG), 2018
- Forecasting Player Behavioral Data and Simulating in-Game Events. IEEE Future of Information and Communication Conference, 2018.
- A Web-based System for Source Separation and Speech Recognition with Ad hoc Microphone Array. Acoustical Society of Japan (ASJ meeting), 2016.
- Evaluation of Singing Enthusiasm for Songs with Multiple Phrases. Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference, 2016.
- AutoRhythm: A Music Game That Turns Any Objects Into Your Percussion Instruments. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 2015.
- AutoRhythm: A Music Game with Automatic Hit-Time Generation and Percussion Identification. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 2015.
Pei Pei is a Chinese native speaker, with bilingual proficiency in English and Japanese.