Development Hackathon of videogames for iOS with Adobe® Flash® technology
As part of its activities at Gamelab Barcelona, Adobe Systems is organizing a creative competition (Hackathon) where the objective is to design, develop and run a Flash game for the Apple iOS platform within 24 hours, from Thursday, June 28 at 10:00 am to Friday, June 29, 2012 at 10:00 am.
- The game must be packaged using Adobe AIR 3.2 or AIR 3.3, and use GPU rendering via Stage3D direct render mode.
- The participants must use one of the following 2D or 3D frameworks, or write Low Level Stage3D/AGAL code::
- 2D: Starling , ND2D, Genome3D
- 3D: Away3D, Flare3D, Alternativa3D, Minko
- The teams must have pre-installed all the software required to allow them to create and develop the game, and to have all the devices required to test and run the game.
- Knowledge of AS 3.0
- Become a member of https://developer.apple.com/ to run applications on iOS devices.
- Install Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 or Adobe Flash Pro CS6 http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ / https://freeriatools.adobe.com/
- Install Adobe AIR 3.2 (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html), or AIR 3.3 (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air3-3.html), separately or make an overlay in Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/ Adobe Flash Pro CS6 (http://www.leebrimelow.com/?p=3335 )
Note: an Internet connection will not be available during the Hackathon.
Number of teams:
10 (max. 2 people per team)
1 Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium license for each member of the team.
- Creativity, design and entertainment value
- Implement integration with iOS Game Center via Game Center Native Extension (https://github.com/StickSports/ANE-Game-Center)
- Use of Air Native Extensions (in-app purchase, etc., Milkman).
- The game must be multi-platform: Android, Browser (PC/MAC).
To register your team for the competition, send an email with the personal details of all the team members to: email@example.com
The Adobe team will contact you to confirm your participation and to give you further instructions..