Gamelab National Videogame industry awards are granted from 2008 as part of the events of Gamelab, the Interactive Entertainment and Videogames Festival. This awards recognize the best works developed in the last year. They are the biggest recognition to dedication and results of the companies and professionals of the videogame and interactive entertainment business.
At the same time, they mean a realiable measure of the level of our industry and companies to media and general public.
The awards ceremony has been hosted by well-known artists and presenters such as Verónica Blume, Antonio Garrido, Mª José Suárez or Javier Veiga and have the attendance and tracking of all spanish interactive entertainment professionals community.
Traditionally, the jury of these awards has been formed by famous professionals of videogame, communication and press bussiness. In this edition, winners will be voted by the recently created Academy of Interactive arts and sciences. except Special Awards chosen by the press and the public.
People’s award to best videogame will be voted online in www.gamelab.es and the winner will be announced in the awards ceremony as well.
Press Special Awards is voted by the acreditted press in Gamelab
Previous editions winners:
2010 – III edition
- Gamestop Award to the Best Game for PC/Console: Invizimals, by Novorama
- Paysafecard Award to the Best Online/Downloadable Videogame: NyxQuest, by Over the Top Games
- Best mobile phone videogame award: Battle of Puppets, by Small Wonders
- Best videogame design award: NyxQuest, by Over de Top Games
- Best art design award: Runaway: A Twist of Fate, by Pendulo Studios.
- Best technology award: Invizimals, by Novorama
- Best ‘indie’ videogame award: Rotor’scope: El secreto de la energía infinita, by Nivel 21
- Gamelab award to Lifetime Achievement: Pablo and Víctor Ruíz (founders of Dinamic Multimedia and Fx interactive)
- People’s Awards to the Best Videogame: Rotor’scope: El secreto de la energía infinita, by Nivel 21.
- Tribute Award: Pablo y Victor Ruíz, Founders of Dinamic and FX Interactive.
2009 – II edition
- Best technology award: Kroll for iPhone, by Digital Legends
- Best art design award: Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam for Nintendo Wii, by Virtual Toys
- Best videogame design award: Playchapas for PSP, by Zinkia Entertainment for Sony España
- Best PC/Online/Console Videogame award: Hello Pocoyo by Zinkia Entertainment
- Best mobile phone videogame award: Kroll by Digital Legends
- Best studio award: Zinkia Entertainment
- Best editor award: FX Interactive
- Professional of the year: Enric Álvarez
- Jury’s Special Award: Shared services and development center of Electronic Arts in Madrid
- Tribute Award: Ignacio Pérez Dolset (Pyro, Illion Animation Studios, “Planet 51? movie)
2008 – I edition
- Best PC videogame award: Runaway 2 (Pendulo Studio/FX Interactive)
- Best mobile phone videogame award: Furby Island (LemonQuest)
- Best online gaming web portal: Minijuegos.com
- Best videogame magazine: Hobby Consolas
- Best online videogame media: Meristation Magazine
- Best console videogame award: Jericho (MercurySteam / Codemasters)
- Best portable device videogame award: Horsez (Virtual Toys/Ubisoft)
- Best studio 2007 award: Virual Toys
- Most influentiel professional award: Xavier Carrillo (Digital Legends Ent.)
- Tribute award: Gonzo Suárez