The Academy of Interactive Arts and Science of Spain, together with the International Market of Game and Interactive Leisure Gamelab, announces its yearly awards for projects, companies and pros in the industry of games and interactive leisure.
The awards will be granted in the different categories and in general to Spanish copanies and professionals and to productions made in Spain.
Without prejudice to the aforemention object, the organization may grant special prizes to foreign productions and pros.
This year the following award categories are established:
- Best Game of the Year. The best game in any media or platform.
- Best Game for a Mobile Device. Best game launched for sartphones and tablet PCs.
- Best Game for a Portable Console. Best game for Nintendo DS or Sony Playstation Portable.
- Best Online PC Game. Best online multiplayer game for PC in download, web or social network version.
- Best Indie Game. Best low-budget console or PC game.
- Best Game Design. To the game with the most addictive and original gameplay elements.
- Best Art Direction. To the game with the most innovating and/or best carried out art guideline.
- Best Animation. To the game with the most complex and executed animations.
- Best Original Music. To the game with the best original score.
- Best Sound. To the game with the best sound effects and techniques.
- Best Technology. To the game with the best quality or technical innovation.
- Special Award of the Audience. To the best Spanish game, chosen by consumers.
- Special Award of the Press. To the best Spanish game according to the Gamelab authorised press.
- Honorary Award. One of the most prominent names of videogame industry in Spain is granted the award for its relevance and commitment to the development of industry.
- Special Academy Tribute
The awards will be handed to games or pros which are chosen, according to the voting system descibed in the Gamelab conditions.
The candidates to the different award categories for products may be presented by companies in the industry of games: producers, editors, distributors or portals which hold the rights to those games.
The board of directors will be able to complete the categories, in any of the different categories wiith games that are eligible for any of the prizes due to their special features.
Candidates for this 2011 edition can be presented until May 16th, 2011.
The candidates presentation will be made after fulfilling and sending a email to the Academy with the official register date, that can be updated through the following form, which can be download by clicking to the following link.